skip to main |
skip to sidebar
JetBlue's JetPaws
Now Pets can Earn You Frequent Flyer Miles! JetBlue has just started a new program created for people who like to fly with their pet. On their site you can download a travel guide with information about flying with your pet, and it includes limited information about travel destinations as well.
While I don't really see anything groundbreaking, they are making flying with your pet easier for people. However, it does come with a cost. To book a flight you have to call JetBlue (they won't let you do it over the internet) and you have to pay a pet-fee of $100 EACH WAY. Now personally, I think that's a bit expensive. JetBlue is known for being a quality low cost airline, with flights as low as $39 and few flights starting at over $200. The fact that you could pay more for your pet's ticket than you did for yours seems a bit off, but I suppose the airline industries are trying to make money where they can. The upside is that you do earn frequent flier miles for your pet, which add directly into your account.
If you are thinking about flying with your pet, I do recommend you read their travel guide. It is very informative, and spells out the rules, regulations and etiquette of flying with your pet.
So overall, JetBlue is catering to the pet-loving crowd, making things easier and providing information and personal service. While I think the costs are a little steep, I think that this is a good step for JetBlue, and overall am a fan of their professionalness and customer service. Keep coming back for reviews of other airlines flight policies.
No comments:
Post a Comment